Central Alps Passes PostBus Route
From Meiringen across four passes
Tackling four of the most impressive Swiss Alpine passes by PostBus in one single day, thereby negotiating a total of 10,366 metres altitude: This panorama tour represents the ultimate experience for Alpine enthusiasts!
On Grimsel, passengers trundle past glittering reservoir lakes and enjoy many arresting views. Pass Nufenen, Switzerland’s highest Alpine transition negotiable by vehicle, truly gets pulses racing.
The Gotthard, nicknamed “King of Mountain Passes”, has been an important north-south trans-Alpine connection since the days of the Roman Empire. En route to the Susten Pass, the PostBus crosses no fewer than 25 bridges – and passes through just as many tunnels.
- Leg: Meiringen – (Grimsel) – (Nufenen) – (Gotthard) – (Susten) – Meiringen
- Distance: 208 km
- Duration: 8 h 45 min
- More information: Central Alps Passes PostBus Route
The Central Alps Passes PostBus route is operated daily from 24 Jun–08 Oct 2023.
- This route is fully covered by the Swiss Travel Pass (Flex) and GA travelcard.
- Seat reservation possible no later than 16.00 h the day before travel day
- Seats are not numbered, free seating
- Reservation required for groups of 10 or more persons
- Reservations via +41 (0)58 448 20 08 or [email protected]