Matterhorn Glacier Paradise
The world’s highest 3S cableway takes guests to the “Matterhorn Glacier Paradise” at 3,883 metres altitude. At the summit, visitors admire a stunning total of 38 4,000-metre-peaks and 14 glaciers from the viewing platform. At the glacier palace, guests immerse themselves in the mystical world of eternal ice.
The panoramic view over the largest glaciers of the Alps and the peaks of the Swiss, French and Italian Alps is truly unparalleled. The Mont Blanc, highest mountain of the Alps, appears almost near enough to touch. Visitors are very close to Italian territory now and look at the “endearing rear” of the famous Matterhorn. Below them at the foot of the mountain, they can see Europe’s largest ski region, open 365 days a year.
“Crystal Ride” gondola
Every hour, up to 2,000 persons can be transported to the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise (Klein Matterhorn) – 365 days a year. The crown jewel of the 3S cableway is the Crystal Ride: Four cabins have been embellished by thousands of sparkling Swarovski® crystals and also offer unexpected views downward. The ride in these crystal gondolas – unique worldwide – comes at a surcharge of CHF 10.
- Altitude: 3,883 m a.s.l.
- Arrival: Train from Brig/Visp to Zermatt, on foot or by free e-bus (green line) to the valley station “Matterhorn Glacier Paradise”
- Travel duration to summit: 45 minutes
- Attractions: The Crystal Ride cabins: when floating high above the glacier, the glass floor clears up, highest-altitude viewing platform in Europe, Cinema lounge with new thrilling film scenes focusing on Zermatt, available upon request: VIP cableway car with Moët Champagne between Zermatt and Trockener Steg, world’s highest glacier palace with ice sculptures and an ice slide.
- Special highlight: For adventurers who would like to add a 4,000-metre summit to their collection, the Breithorn tour is the very thing, perfect for experienced mountaineers
- Website: Matterhorn Glacier Paradise