Harder Kulm – Top of Interlaken
For more than 100 years, the funicular has been negotiating the 735 meters of altitude to the Harder Kulm, located at 1,322 meters. The journey starts not far from Interlaken Ost station, leads through a charming forest and passes the wildlife park. A five-minute walk takes visitors from the mountain station to the lovely restaurant with turrets and a red tile roof.
Next to the restaurant, guests may visit the “Two-Lakes-Bridge” and an airy viewing platform with a glass area in its floor. From there, truly deep sights can be seen and the magnificent view to Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau as well as Lakes Brienz and Thun can be savoured.
- Altitude: 1,322 m a.s.l.
- Arrival: From Interlaken Ost station on foot (500 m/0.3 mi) to the valley station of Harder Railway and then 10 minutes to the summit station
- Travel duration to summit: 10 minutes
- Attractions: “Floating” triangular viewing platform
- Special highlight: Folklore performances from May to October
- Website: Harder Kulm
- Panorama Restaurant with spacious terrace
- New, spacious panoramic pavilion with up to 130 seats
- Operates daily from 07 Apr–26 Nov 2023
- Daily evening rides until 22 Oct 2023
- Funicular leaves every 30 minutes
- 50% discount with Swiss Travel Pass (Flex) and Swiss Half Fare Card
- 25% discount with Eurail / Interrail