This truly singular trip from Montreux to Château-d’Oex explores the world of cheese–making.
The program includes highlights such as a delicious cheese fondue and a visit to the museum “Espace Ballon” – displaying the history of hot-air ballooning and the first round-the-world flight of Bertrand Picard – or admission to the new Swiss Museum of Papercuts.
- Leg: Montreux/Zweisimmen-Château d’Oex-Montreux/Zweisimmen
- Distance: 66 km
- Duration: approx. 4 h
- Accessibility: program and trains are not suited for travellers with limited mobility (no wheelchair access); transport can be arranged upon request
- Offer includes: train ride Montreux or Zweisimmen–Château-d’Oex–Montreux or Zweisimmen in 1st class, visit of the “Chalet Bio” show dairy, cheese fondue in the restaurant “Le Chalet” (beverages excluded), free admission to the “Espace Ballon” (exhibition of hot-air balloons) or the new “Swiss Museum of Papercuts”, and a “souvenir bag”.
- Welcome drink during the ride on the Cheese train
- Visit to the restaurant “Le Chalet” with show dairy and subsequent degustation of a bio fondue
The Cheese Train runs from January to October (except from 20 – 29.01.2023 and from 06 – 08.10.2023) every Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from Montreux or Zweisimmen.
- This route is fully covered by the Swiss Travel Pass (Flex) and GA travelcard.
- In addition to a valid ticket, a surcharge for seat reservation and additional services is required
- The train for the return journey can be chosen individually. A seat reservation is recommended and available via webshop
- Group reservations (as of 10 pax) via [email protected]