From St. Moritz to Lugano
From the impressive glaciers of Engadin to the lovely palm trees of Lugano: The Palm Express invites visitors to a pleasantly diverse four-hour PostBus journey.
After leading over the Maloja pass, the road winds down to the Val Bregaglia. At astasegna, travellers cross the Swiss-Italian border and little later arrive at the charming Italian town of Chiavenna. The journey’s final destination is Lugano, city of Mediterranean flair and one of Ticino’s main urban areas.
- Leg: St. Moritz–Chiavenna–Menaggio–Lugano
- Distance: 178 km
- Duration: 3 h 50 min
- Webseite: Palm Express
Important: Passport or identity card required for border crossing to Italy
The PostBuses (line 631) operate as follows:
- From St. Moritz and Lugano: year-round operation; one Postbus course every Friday, Saturday and Sunday; daily operation from 19 Dec 2022–02 Jan 2023 and from 02 Jun–22 Oct 2023
- St. Moritz–Menaggio–Lugano departure at 10.25 h from St. Moritz railway station
- Lugano–Menaggio–St. Moritz departure at 15.31 h from Lugano Stazione Nord
- This route is fully covered by the Swiss Travel Pass (Flex) and GA travelcard.
- Reservation required; free reservation no later than 08.30 h on the travel day: Reservations
- Reservation required for groups of 10 or more persons, phone +41 (0)58 341 34 92
- No surcharge applies