The Cookie Train connects Switzerland’s capital Berne with Lucerne at Lake Lucerne and Interlaken in the heart of the Bernese Oberland. A visit to the “Kambly Experience,” a centre for biscuit making at Trubschachen, is a particular delight.
During one single day, visitors experience magnificent views of snow-covered summits and travel along deep blue, pristine lakes, lush green meadows and picturesque farms. All those highlights are linked together on a scenic train ride rich in variety.
On the Luzern–Interlaken Express of the Zentralbahn, guests enjoy a ride over Brünig pass, travel along five lakes and pass by many waterfalls and characteristic, quaint Swiss villages.
The BLS Regional Express connects Berne and Lucerne, traversing the typical, rolling landscape of Emmental and passing the UNESCO biosphere Entlebuch. At the heart of idyllic Emmental, the train stops right in front of the Kambly Experience, where secrets of the art of pastry making are revealed.
- Leg: Bern – Trubschachen – Luzern – Brienz – Interlaken – Bern
- Distance: approx. 200 km
- Duration: 5 h
- Good to know: Cruise option includes boat trip Brienz – Interlaken Ost, free admission to “the Kambly Experience” (open daily) with biscuit tasting and factory shop in Trubschachen (open daily)
- Website: BLS Kambly Train
- Low-floor access, family and catering zones on the Cookie train
- Bistro on the Luzern–Interlaken Express
- Biscuit tasting at the Kambly Experience at Trubschachen
The round trip can be started at every stage along the route in either direction.
All connections are available at the SBB timetable
- This route is fully covered by the Swiss Travel Pass (Flex) and GA travelcard.
- Seat reservation only available on the Luzern–Interlaken Express (CHF 10 to 14, bookable at every train station counter in Switzerland)