BLS RegioExpress Lötschberger
From Berne to Brig
The BLS RegioExpress Lötschberger turns the scenic ride along the historic Lötschberg mountain route from Berne to Brig and Domodossola into an extraordinary experience. Railway and nature enthusiasts enjoy many lovely views into the Kandertal Valley and the breathtaking rides over the viaducts at the north and south ramps.
From Brig, travellers can continue onwards to Domodossola without switching trains. The Italian city borders Switzerland and exudes a unique charm. There’s a market on Saturdays that’s popular among visitors. Here, people can buy regional delicacies at one of the many stalls.
Domodossola is the starting point of the Vigezzina-Centovalli Railway, which travels from the Italian town to Locarno in the Ticino. So those seeking out even more panoramic sights can continue their journey through the valley of a hundred villages.
Route and travel duration:
- Bern–Spiez–Kandersteg–Brig: 1 h 45 min
- Bern–Spiez–Kandersteg–Brig–Domodossola: 2 h 15 min
Facilities on the train:
- Large windows with panoramic view in 1st and 2nd class
- Wheelchair-accessible compartment and restroom available
- Low-floor access, power outlets in 1st and 2nd class
- Diaper changing facilities in the restroom
- Good mobile reception thanks to non-signal-blocking window panes
- Hiking trail Lötschberger north ramp with newly designed information panels
- Hiking trail Lötschberger south ramp along the hundred-year-old Lötschberg mountain route
- Passport or ID required for border crossing to/from Italy