Seeing, smelling and tasting characteristic Swiss landscapes and traditions aboard the Chocolate train of the Montreux-Oberland Bernois Railway.
One simply cannot visit Switzerland without sampling Switzerland’s most famous speciality – Swiss chocolate. Montreux-Oberland Bernoise railway has dedicated a whole train to the world’s most delicate temptation.
The journey starts from Montreux towards the Gruyère region in the 1st or 2nd class of the Belle-Epoque coaches. Travellers visit the chocolate factory and explore the old town of Gruyères. The Chocolate train is a real “must” – not only for the true “sweet tooth” but also for railway enthusiasts.
- Leg: Montreux–Montbovon on the GoldenPass Belle Epoque – Change to the chocolate bus Gruyères–Broc Fabrique–Montreux
- Duration: 7 h 30 min
- Website: Chocolate Train
- Offer: package price train ride from Montreux to Montbovon and bus ride to Gruyères, Broc Fabrique, as well as return journey to Montreux; also included: coffee and chocolate bread on the train, free admission to show dairy “La Maison du Gruyère” and chocolate factory of Nestlé Cailler in Broc as well as tour guide
- Coffee and chocolate croissants after leaving Montreux
- Cheese fondue
- Degustation in the Cailler-Nestlé chocolate factory
- Operates every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday
- 01 Jul–31 Aug 2023: operates every Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
On operation days, the chocolate train has 3 different departure times.
- This route is fully covered by the Swiss Travel Pass (Flex) and GA travelcard.
- Additionally, a surcharge for the seat reservation and additional services applies.