Lake Lucerne Cruises
Whether on a historical steamboat, an innovative yacht or a modern catamaran: thanks to the diverse fleet of the Lake Lucerne navigation company (SGV), guests always glide over the water in style. And in the case of Swiss Travel Pass holders: even without a surcharge.
Idyllic coves and dramatic fjord-like rocky slopes, deep blue, crystal clear water, and a backdrop of snow-covered mountain peaks – it is no coincidence that Lake Lucerne, situated in the historically rich Swiss heartland, is considered one of the most beautiful lakes in Switzerland.
In order to help guests enjoy the lake up close, the Lake Lucerne navigation company (SGV) offers a wide range of boat cruises on a regular basis – year-round. From a nostalgic paddle steamer to a luxurious motor vessel with underwater view, lake water foot bath and glass-domed gallery: There is something for every taste.
- Area: 114 km²
- Duration: from 1 to 5.5 hours
- Availability: Cruises on 365 days a year
- Examples for boat cruises (round trips): Panorama-Yacht Saphir, short Catamaran Cruise, big cruise Luzern–Flüelen–Luzern
- Onboard restaurants or bistrots with snacks on all scheduled boats (sole exception: only snack vending machines on the motor vessel Bürgenstock).
- Furthermore, bookable theme and evening cruises with special culinary offers are available (surcharge).
- Year-round operation
- Various cruises (round trips) from/to Lucerne between 1 h and 5 h 30 min in duration
- Boats headed for Vitznau (Rigi) cast off from pier 1; boats headed for Alpnachstad (Pilatus) cast off from pier 2; the Bürgenstock-shuttle casts off from pier 3, and the Panorama-Yacht Saphir casts off from pier 7 (Schweizerhofquai)
- Scheduled boats are fully covered by the Swiss Travel Pass (Flex) and GA travel card
- Discount for holders of a Swiss Travel Pass on the one-hour cruise on the Panorama-Yacht Saphir
- Ticket counter and information desk at pier 1, opposite Lucerne main station
- Groups (10 or more people): reservation at the restaurant and prior menu selection is required (no surcharge)