Since 1893, the open wood coaches have been calmly travelling from Stans to the Stanserhorn peak. Starting at the intermediate station, the aerial cableway with its open roof deck is one of the main attractions. It is a truly amazing feeling to stand up there on the roof of the double-deck panorama cabin and experience up close the passage between the supporting masts, just enjoying the headwind and the magnificent view – without any cables overhead.
On the summit circular walk, visitors meet rangers who are happy to assist with identifying flowers and mountains. Halfway around, the marmots await – as well as the summit restaurant “Rondorama”, which revolves around its axis.
- Altitude: 1,898 m a.s.l.
- Arrival: Train from Lucerne to Stans, walkway to the valley station (5 min), funicular with open coaches to Kälti, change to CabriO up to Stanserhorn
- Travel duration to summit: 24 min
- Attractions: CabriO ride on the roof deck of the double-deck aerial cableway, summit circular walk with rangers, romantic candle light dinner on the summit on Fridays and Saturdays
- Special highlight: Power location with 22,000 Bovis units measured
- Website: Stanserhorn
- Revolving restaurant “Rondorama”; “Bucher & Durrer Säli”: 200-seat self-service restaurant (1,898 m/6,227 ft), speciality: Älplermagronen (Alpine herder’s macaroni) served in Edelweiss pan
- Romantic Candle Light Dinner on the summit, every Friday and Saturday
- Operates from 07 Apr–26 Nov 2023
- Scheduled operation of the mountain railways from 08.15 h to 17.15 h at 30-minute intervals
- As of May: Friday and Saturday until 23.00 h
- As of June: Thursday, Friday, Saturday until 23.00 h
- Fully covered by Swiss Travel Pass (Flex)
- 50% discount with Swiss Half Fare Card
- 25% discount with Eurail / Interrail
Waiting times can be avoided by booking a boarding pass online via stanserhorn.ch