Arrival from Austria
From one culture town to the next: fast and convenient. Zurich can be reached directly from Vienna, Salzburg, Innsbruck and Graz – both with a day connection or overnight.
During the day, the Railjets of Austrian Federal Railways (ÖBB) take travellers to Zurich at two-hour intervals. The Zurich hub offers excellent onward connections to all Swiss regions. Depending on the chosen class, guests benefit from various services such as power outlets and catering to the seat.
Those who prefer to make the most of daylight may choose to travel asleep to their destination: on the ÖBB Nightjet. Not only does this save hotel expenses, it also comes with free mineral water and breakfast in the couchette and sleeping coaches.
|Direct connections||Travel duration||Times per day|
|Wien – Zürich||7 h 50 min||5|
|Salzburg – Zürich||5 h 25 min||6|
|Innsbruck – Zürich||3 h 35 min||7|
|Bregenz – Zürich||1 h 50 min||6|
|Graz – Zürich||9 h 35 min||1|
First Class and Business Class (1st class), Economy Class (2nd class)
Accessible to 1st and 2nd class passengers
- Onboard bistro
- Free WLAN, onboard portal Railnet, power outlets at the seat
- Special zones: quiet zone/children’s cinema in the family zone
Accessible exclusively to 1st class passengers
- Service at the seat
- Power outlets for each seat
Accessible exclusively to Business Class passengers
- Welcome drink
- More than 100 e-papers and e-magazines
Standard fare (Presale: 180 days prior to departure date)
- Full flexibility thanks to free choice of train
- Seat reservation included in Business Class tickets, recommended in other classes
Saver fare (Presale: 180 days prior to departure date)
- “Sparschiene” tickets
- Valid only on the booked date and train
- Cannot be combined with other discounts
- Limited number of saver tickets available
- Seat reservation required and not included, payable separately depending on the train
On validated travel days, holders of a Swiss Travel Pass (Flex) only need to buy a ticket to the Swiss border (Buchs SG / St. Margrethen).