BLS Boat Cruises on Lake Thun and Lake Brienz
A breath of “sea air”, a whiff of nostalgia – any cruise aboard one of the decorative steam or motor vessels on Lake Thun and Lake Brienz turns into a delightful experience.
The fleet of the BLS Navigation Company counts 14 vessels, two of which are paddle steamers. Whichever boat one chooses, the magnificent view remains as fascinating as ever: The legendary “big three” Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau, numerous historic villages and castles, and the unique scenery of the Bernese Oberland are just a few among the many highlights of the cruises. Various themed and culinary cruises nicely round off the offer on the turquoise lakes.
- Area: Length of Lake Brienz 14 km, length of Lake Thun 17.5 km
- Duration: e.g. Interlaken West–Thun 2 h 10 min
- One-hour cruise (round trip) on Lake Brienz
- Perfectly coordinated connections train/boat at all lake terminals (Thun, Interlaken West/Ost, Brienz); piers directly at the railway stations
- During peak season, a historic paddle steamer operates on each lake
- Diverse culinary offers on Lakes Thun and Brienz: Breakfast, freshly made dishes, and a large selection of beverages are available in onboard restaurants.
- Themed buffets on special culinary cruises (Fondue, Chinoise, Fajita, Swiss BBQ etc.)
- Lake Thun: year-round operation (peak season May to October with hourly departures, reduced timetable during off-peak season)
- Lake Brienz: seasonal operation (April to October)
This route is fully covered by the Swiss Travel Pass (Flex) / GA travelcard
There are two classes on most boats: main deck = 2nd class, upper deck = 1st class
- Reservation required for groups of 10 or more people (prior selection of one menu for all persons required for groups of 20 or more people in case consumption is intended)
- For individual travellers, a table or seat reservation in the onboard restaurant can only be made with a binding commitment to consume