BLS Boat Cruises on Lake Thun and Lake Brienz
A breath of “sea air”, a whiff of nostalgia – any cruise aboard one of the decorative steam or motor vessels on Lake Thun and Lake Brienz turns into a delightful experience.
The fleet of the BLS Navigation Company counts 12 vessels, two of which are paddle steamers. Whichever boat one chooses, the magnificent view remains as fascinating as ever: The legendary “big three” Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau, numerous historic villages and castles, and the unique scenery of the Bernese Oberland are just a few among the many highlights of the cruises. Various themed and culinary cruises nicely round off the offer on the turquoise lakes.
- Area: Length of Lake Brienz 14 km, length of Lake Thun 17.5 km
- Duration: e.g. Interlaken West–Thun 2 h 10 min
- One-hour cruise (round trip) on Lake Brienz
- Perfectly coordinated connections train/boat at all lake terminals (Thun, Interlaken West/Ost, Brienz); piers directly at the railway stations
- During peak season, a historic paddle steamer operates on each lake
- All main decks with wheelchair access (some boats with lift to upper deck)
- Bicycle transport possible depending on available space due to occupancy rate