Gotthard Panorama Express
From Lugano/Bellinzona to Lucerne
On a steamboat, passengers seamlessly continue via Flüelen across Lake Lucerne. Many locations steeped in history such as the Rütliwiese, the Schillerstein and Tell Chapel greet guests with their original Swiss charms. In the evening, Lucerne harbour – located right next to the famous Chapel Bridge – welcomes the travellers. And by the way: The journey can easily be travelled in the opposite direction, too.
Apart from the many sights, passengers enjoy special presentations about history, myths and legends around Gotthard during this historic journey through time.
Route: Lugano/Bellinzona to Flüelen by train. Flüelen to Lucerne by steamboat. The journey can also be travelled in the opposite direction
Duration: From Bellinzona to Lucerne approx. 5h. From Lugano to Lucerne approx. 5h 30 min
Website: Gotthard Panorama Express
- Aboard the steamboat, delicious meals as well as snacks and beverages are available
- On the panoramic train, snacks and beverages can be purchased as well and service at the passenger’s seat is available
- Souvenirs can be obtained on the steamboat as well as the panoramic train
- The Gotthard Panorama Express operates daily from 30 March to 02 April 2018 and Tuesday to Sunday from 21 April to 14 October 2018. Find here exact departure and arrival times
- The Gotthard Panorama Express does not operate during the winter season. However, a journey on the Gotthard panoramic route is still possible by changing trains in Erstfeld.
This passage does not include the presentations about history, myths and legends around Gotthard
This route is fully covered by the Swiss Travel Pass (Flex) and GA travelcard
Apart from a valid ticket, seat reservation is required
In addition, the train is subject to surcharge
- Surcharge Luzern/Flüelen–- Airolo/Bellinzona/Lugano CHF 24
- Surcharge Luzern/Flüelen –Göschenen resp. for the route Lugano/Bellinzona–Airolo CHF 12
Images & Videos
Images and videos are available in medium resolution. For high resolution material, please contact email@example.com. Images and videos may be used for touristic and editorial purposes only.