From Zermatt to St. Moritz
The Glacier Express offers a journey for the senses – from Engadine right to the Matterhorn. On its relaxing drive from dazzling St. Moritz to equally sophisticated Zermatt, the Glacier Express delights travellers with scenic attractions and technical state-of-the-art achievements.
With its overhight panoramic windows, the Glacier Express opens up unobstructed views of unique landscapes.
The Excellence is the new premium class of the Glacier Express. It impresses with its high-quality full service offer and its modern design. Guests are being treated to a truly exceptional journey across the Swiss Alps while marvelling at the fantastic panorama. Thanks to comfortable lounge seating, each traveller enjoys a window seat. Excellence Class offers personal travel guidance, a trendy bar area, a premium multi-course lunch and many more amenities – all included. As of 02. March 2019 the Excellence Class runs between St. Moritz and Zermatt.
Leg: St. Moritz–Zermatt or vice versa
Distance: 291 km
Duration: 8h 03 min
Website: Glacier Express
- Food served at passenger’s seat
- Daily plate (CHF 30)
- 3-course-menu (CHF 43)
- Catering is available on the panorama trains and can be booked together with seat reservation
This route is fully covered by the Swiss Travel Pass (Flex) and GA travelcard
Apart from a valid ticket, a seat reservation is required (max. 90 days in advance)
In addition, the train is subject to surcharge:
- Surcharge low season (until 29 March 2018): Long section CHF 23*, short section CHF 13*
- Surcharge shoulder season (30 March - 15 June and 17 Sept - 14 Oct 2018): Long section CHF 33*,
short section CHF 23*
- Surcharge high season (16 June - 16 Sept 2018): Long section CHF 43*, short section CHF 33*
*Surcharge only, fares without lunch
Images & Videos
Pictures and videos are available in medium resolution. For high resolution material, please contact email@example.com. Pictures/videos may be used for touristic and editorial purposes only.