16.11.2018 - Public Transport
Chocolate Train 2019
Overview of changes.
For technical and logistical reasons, the train composition and course of the Chocolate Train will see the following changes:
- From 2019, the train composition will include only Belle Époque coaches. The newly renovated coaches are air-conditioned and provide comfortable travel conditions even in high summer.
- After the MOB route section from Montreux to Montbovon (with a serving of coffee and chocolate rolls), passengers will now change to a bus.
- These changes will have an effect on the timetable: The train leaves Montreux roughly 15 minutes earlier. Because of the direct return journey from the Chocolate factory by bus, the overall travel time can be significantly reduced. The new planned arrival time will be around 16.15h (as opposed to 17.26h in 2018).
- The railway section from Montreux to Montbovon can now be travelled in 2nd class as well as 1st class with the added benefit of reduced travel costs in 2nd class.
- In addition to the journey on the Chocolate Train and Bus plus snack, the excursion also includes free admission to the show dairy “La Maison du Gruyères” with guided tour and cheese sampling as well as free admission to the chocolate factory “La Maison Cailler” with guided tour and chocolate degustation.
The Chocolate Train operates between May and October. The days of operation remain unchanged. Seat reservation, via national or international systems, is required and can be done as of three months prior to the travel date.
Please turn to the factsheet in the attachment for more details regarding the changes in the Chocolate Train service as well as timetable and fare information.
Regarding all other questions or requests, please contact our Media & Trade Team via the contact form.