From Zürich/Basel/Luzern to Locarno
Bustling cities, historic buildings and a great variety of nature and leisure activities – all of this can be experienced on the Treno Gottardo.
The diversity of Switzerland with one single train! The new train, equipped with bistro zone and family area, runs hourly from Zurich, Basel and Lucerne to Locarno. Most comfortably, guests travel along lakes and mountains over the historic Gotthard panorama route right to Locarno in the sun-kissed corner of Switzerland. Benvenuti!
- Leg: Zürich/Basel/Luzern – Bellinzona – Locarno
- Distance: 209 km (Zürich – Locarno)
Zürich – Locarno: 3 h 20 min
Basel – Locarno: 4 h 22 min
Luzern – Locarno: 3 h 7 min
- Website: Treno Gottardo
The Treno Gottardo offers two modern bistro areas with snack and drink vending machines as well as a coffee machine. Guests can find regional and classic dishes in the snack vending machine.
- This route is fully covered by the Swiss Travel Pass (Flex) and GA travelcard.
- Seat reservation available for individual travellers (CHF 5)
- Seat reservation required for groups of 10 or more persons (no surcharge)
- Groups of 10 or more persons travelling together receive a discount off the standard fare