The Schilthorn area stands for view, thrill and chill: unforgettable views, adrenaline rushes and pure relaxation in a pristine mountain world. By train and bus guests reach the valley station Stechelberg. From there, a cableway takes them towards the Schilthorn summit at 2,970 metres (9750 feet) altitude.
Since 1967, the aerial cableway makes its way from Stechelberg in the Lauterbrunnen valley up to the summit in four legs. On the very filming location of the 1969 “On Her Majesty’s Secret Service”, visitors can follow in the footsteps of James Bond: be it by visiting the interactive adventure exhibition “Bond World” or on the “007 Walk of Fame.” Unusual and truly bottomless perspectives open up on the “Skyline Walk” and the “Thrill Walk” at the intermediate stop Birg.
- Altitude: 2,970 m a.s.l.
- Arrival: From Interlaken Ost by train to Lauterbrunnen, then by PostBus to the valley station Stechelberg, the cableway leaves at 30-minute intervals from Stechelberg and Mürren
- Travel duration to summit: 32 min from Stechelberg
- Attractions: Interactive adventure exhibition “Spy World”, “007 Walk of Fame”, “Skyline Walk” and “Thrill Walk”
- Website: Schilthorn
- 360° restaurant “Piz Gloria” and “Skyline Take Away”
- James Bond Brunch in the 360-degree revolving restaurant daily from 8:00 to 14:00
- Bistro with spacious sun terrace at Station Birg
- Free ride with Swiss Travel Pass (Flex) to Mürren, from Mürren 50% discount
- 50% discount with Swiss Half Fare Card
- 25% discount with Eurail / Interrail