From Lucerne to Montreux
The modern Luzern-Interlaken Express serviced by Zentralbahn takes travellers along the Lakes Alpnach, Sarnen and Lungern to the Brünig mountain pass and down on the other side to Meiringen.
The journey goes on via Lake Brienz to Interlaken. After changing trains, guests continue the trip aboard the BLS regional express train, first along Lake Thun and then through Simmental to Zweisimmen.
From there, passengers travel in style via Gstaad to Montreux at Lake Geneva. Aboard the MOB Panoramic, the scenic view can be savoured through the overhight panoramic windows or even from a VIP seat. For railway nostalgia enthusiasts, the MOB Belle Epoque is the perfect choice: this is a replica of the elegant Belle-Époque trains.
The spectacular railway adventure in three different trains can be embarked on from Western or Central Switzerland.
Route: Luzern–Interlaken–Zweisimmen–Montreux or vice versa
Distance: 191 km
Duration: 5h 08 min
Website: GoldenPass Line
- Minibar services on part of the route (Zweisimmen-Montreux)
- In the GoldenPass Classic coaches an aperitif platter can be ordered
- Bistro carriage with warm and cold food in the middle of the train (Luzern-Interlaken Ost)
- No catering between Interlaken Ost-Zweisimmen
This route is fully covered by the Swiss Travel Pass (Flex) and GA travelcard
- for panoramic train recommended, Surcharge: CHF 8
- VIP seat: reservation required, surcharge CHF 15
Images & Videos
Images and videos are available in medium resolution. For high resolution material, please contact email@example.com. Images and videos may be used for touristic and editorial purposes only.